- 4 breasts Organic Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup Organic flour (sub almond flour for gluten free option)
- 2 or 3 large cloves Garlic
- 2 shallots optional
- 2 TBS Olive oil
- 8 oz. Baby Bella or Button Mushrooms sliced
- 1-2 cups Marsala cooking wine available in most grocery stores even if they are in a state that doesn't allow them to carry any alcohol
- 3-4 sprigs Fresh Thyme pulled from stems and chopped
- to taste Freshly ground black pepper
- to taste Pink Himalayan Salt
Slice chicken breasts in half lengthwise
Put chicken breasts between 2 pieces of wax paper and pound thing
In a large skillet sauté shallots in olive oil until translucent and tender
Add garlic, sauté another minute, then remove from pan and reserve.
Coat chicken with flour mixture until completely coated
Heat another TBS. of olive oil in skillet and fry the floured chicken cutlets for about 5 mins. on each side.
Then add the Marsala wine while it is piping hot and sizzling!
Add mushrooms and shallots and garlic and fresh thyme
Add another clove of chopped garlic
Simmer for approximately 5 more minutes until the liquid reduces and thickens a little
Serve over mashed cauliflower, quinoa, brown rice or gluten-free pasta