Roast Whole Organic Chicken
- 1 Whole Organic Chicken (most are 3.5 to 5.5 pounds)
- 1/2 Lemon
- 12 Onion (yellow or sweet)
- Spigs Fresh rosemary or any fresh herbs
- to taste or a couple of grinds Freshly ground black pepper
- to taste or a couple of grinds Freshly ground pink Himalayan salt
- Fresh or dried Herbs for exterior: mix and match, rosemary, thyme, sage, garlic powder, etc.
- Dash Red pepper flakes Optional
Heat oven to 350° (or start the grill and put it up to around that same heat)
*Note: Try it in an Instant Pot and really speed up the cooking time! See notes.
Grind fresh pepper and salt into the cavity.
Place the lemon and onion inside the cavity.
Place some of the fresh herbs inside the cavity or use dried.
Put chicken in oven proof skillet or roasting pan.
Put in oven or on grill (close grill).
Roast for appos. 20 mins. per pound or when a leg twists off easily.